Cape Peninsula Half Day
Explore the wonders of the Mother City and take in all the beauty she has to offer on our Half Day Peninsula Tour - from the penguin colony, the pristine white beaches, breathtaking mountains, to the spectacular sight of Cape Point. Be sure not to miss the magnificent visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens!
- Daily Tours -
Depart: 08:00 – 09:00 - Return: 12:30
Depart: 13:00 – 14:00 - Return: 17:30
Inclusions and Exclusions:
Entrance fee to Cape Point Nature Reserve
Pick up and drop off at hotel
Optional visit fees (Penguin Colony)
Cape Peninsula Half Day
Clifton & Camps Bay
Situated along the Atlantic Seaboard, Clifton and Camps Bay beaches have been awarded Blue Flag status, offering pristine white beaches and beautiful, crystal clear waters that make these beaches a highly popular summer attraction for locals and tourists. Admire the lively atmosphere of the Camps Bay Strip - filled with bustling restaurants and bars, the crisp ocean, white sand, palm trees, the Bay Hotel and occasional street entertainment.
See one of South Africa's most magnificent sightseeing and tourist attractions. A picturesque nature reserve that lies in this area is one of the most popular landmarks in Cape Town, and for good reason. Situated on the tip of the peninsula, the area spans across landscapes such as rugged cliffs, distinctive fauna and flora and vast open spaces. See over 250 species of birdlife, bucks, baboons and the Cape Mountain Zebra. Explore the Cape of Good Hope, a world-famous landmark, and monuments in honour of Vasco da Gama and Bartolomeu Dias - two of the world's most famous explorers who discovered Cape Point in 1488. No Cape Town tour is complete without visiting Cape Point.
Penguin Colony & Simon's Town
A trip to Boulders Beach you will never forget - one of the only places in the world where you can swim alongside penguins. Boulders Beach has grown rapidly to over 3000 penguins since only two African penguins settled in that had arrived from Dyer Island, close to Gansbaai. Simon's Town is the seat of the SA Navy and has a delightful coastal town atmosphere and a vibrant history. Here you can find a thriving harbour, The South African Navy Museum and The Warrior Toy Museum. See the submarines and frigates from a distance that are docked at the Naval Base harbour.
(To see and interact with the penguins there is a small conservation fee of R75 for children and R150 for adults)
The quirky seaside village of Kalk Bay runs along the Main Road with the False Bay coastline on one side, and the mountain on the other. Along the Main Road lies a host of veritable treasures, from costume shops to antique shops, cobbled streets, bakeries, vintage bookstores, the famous Brass Bell restaurant and plenty more. Kalk Bay is also excellent for whale watching during whale season (June to November).
Muizenberg, a world-renowned surfing spot, where people from all parts of society join together to enjoy the wonders of the ocean. Situated on the beach, you will find an array of the popular colourful beach huts and plenty of restaurants and surf shops. Shark spotters observe carefully for potential danger roaming in the bay.
- Experience the 9km drive and 114 curves of one of the world's most majestic and scenic drives - Chapman's Peak. Hop off at one of the many picnic spots where you can take photographs and enjoy the breathtaking views of the rugged cliffs, the ocean, the beaches (and perhaps) whales and dolphins!
- See the magnificent sight of Cape Point's towering rock cliffs, the lighthouse which is situated 238m above sea level, over 250 species of birdlife, bucks, baboons and the Cape Mountain Zebra
- Explore the Cape of Good Hope, a world-famous landmark, and monuments in honour of Vasco da Gama and Bartolomeu Dias - two of the world's most famous explorers
- Visit the Jackass penguins at Boulders Beach, which has grown rapidly since only two Jackass penguins settled in Boulders Beach that arrived from Dyer Island, close to Gansbaai. Observe them in their natural habitat and dare to have a swim alongside them! (20 -25 min)
Pick up and drop off from your hotel or Guest House around Cape Town.
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tours.
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times