Cape Town Half Day Tour
- Not available for the date 25 December!
- Daily Tours -
Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, the South African Museum, the beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more to see. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about the Cape Town CBD and its surrounds, in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape.
Morning: 08:00~09:00 - 12:30
Afternoon: 13:00~14:00 - 17:30
Inclusion and exclusions :
Entrance fees to South African Museum
Cable-car trip up Table Mountain
Not available for the date 25 December!
- Drive pass the Castle of Good Hope, which was built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC). The Castle was developed as a maritime replenishment station, and from 1678 it was the centre of civilian, administrative and military life at the Cape. Today, the Castle is the seat of the military in the Cape,
- Tucked under the slopes of Signal Hill, the Bo Kaap is a fascinating and vibrant area that was somehow bypassed in the forced removal policies of the Apartheid. Also called the Malay Quarter, this area is characterised by its multi-coloured cottages and steep cobbled streets as well as its exotic Malay culture. (15min)
- For those who enjoy a sense of history, the South African Museum offers a look at life throughout the ages in South Africa. The museum is situated in the Company Gardens, which holds the Seat of Parliament. Pristine lawns, shady paths, ornate fish ponds, statues of past leaders and plenty of curious squirrels are just a part of the Company Gardens’ charm. (20min)
- The beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay lie along the Atlantic coast. Situated just a few minutes away from the city centre, the beaches are ideal for sunbathing and water sports (even if the water is somewhat chilly). (15min)
- Signal Hill is a prominent landmark from which the historic noon gun is fired, and forms the “lion’s body” for the adjacent Lion’s Head mountaintop. The hill rewards hikers with spectacular views across Table Bay harbour, the central city and the Atlantic Ocean. Many family-friendly picnic spots on Signal Hill are favoured by tourists and locals all year round.
- Diamond Factory Tour (Optional).
Visit above highlights + Table Mountain (cable car fee not included & weather-permitting)
Visit above highlights + Table View for a “postcard view” of Table Mountain.
Pick up and drop off from your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town.
- entrance fees to South African Museum
- cable-car trip up Table Mountain
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tours.
- Not available on the 25th December
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Cash payments are to be made in South Africa Rands unless alternative arrangements have been made
- Full payment is to be made directly to the guide on commencement of the tour, unless otherwise arranged